Consuming healthy beverages in sufficient quantities is essential for beating the summer heat – here are some great options:
- Lemonade, a timeless classic – the combination of lemon juice and water is always refreshing, but the beverage offers much more than refreshment: it can open up your creativity. You can prepare your lemonade mixing in other fruit juice varieties, such as orange or grapefruit, you can add herbs and spices, such as cumin and mint and you can also play with the amount and consistency of the ice added;
- Buttermilk – this Indian-inspired beverage contains buttermilk, thin slices of cucumber and spices. It is best served cold;
- Ginger syrup – the syrup is prepared using grated ginger, sugar, lemon juice and water, then the beverage is prepared diluting the syrup with water. The spiciness of the ginger can be delightfully contrasted with ice cubes;
- Icetea – any tea variety brewed, then chilled in the fridge is delightful in summer;
- Sangria – the beverage contains alcohol in the form of red wine and a splash of brandy, therefore it is not for the young ones, but the red, fruity beverage served chilled is a wonderful companion for any barbecue dish. If you want to make the drink suitable for the kids, too, you can leave out the alcoholic ingredients – the beverage is tasty without the booze, too.
Most of these refreshments can be bought through beverage distributors Denver wholesalers and bought in quantity to last for the many get togethers with family and friends that summer brings about.