Wholesaling represents the activities of selling the goods in large quantities, to retailers, industrial and commercial users, communities and professional users, other wholesalers or wholesale intermediaries. Therefore, wholesale trade is not addressed directly to final consumers.
- Wholesalers split large quantities and deliver to retail units in smaller quantities that they can store and sell within a certain period.
- Wholesalers create the commercial assortment necessary for retailers, prepare the goods for sale and keep in stock seasonal products (operations that would immobilize the space of retail units).
- Wholesalers offer information on the new products available on the market, about the evolution of prices, the activities of competitors etc.
- Wholesalers simplify the administrative activity of retailers (orders, invoices, correspondence etc.) by the fact that the latter can collaborate with a single wholesaler instead of many producers.
- Wholesalers can provide specialized assistance in organizing stores. Besides delivery, they also offer different promotional materials or specific furniture with a dual role, both promotional and utilitarian (specific shelves, food storage units etc.) This time of year, with the Holidays, there is a need for Colorado soda company deliveries to keep the shelves stocked.
The existence of a wholesaler derives from the functions it develops for the suppliers and consumers it serves. This is their economic justification, based on what they can do for their customers – whether they are retailers, institutions, manufacturers or other types of entrepreneurs.