Gift shop business generates significant revenue worldwide. Globally, this business has grown exponentially over the past decade due to growing demand for inventive and creative products.
To create a great selection of products for your gift shop you must first think about your customer niche.
- Artisan gifts and other handmade gifts (there are enough craft creators out there, who will be happy to enter into a contract with you, for the sale of their products, for a percentage of sales. In this way, you can sell really special items, made by artists you select carefully)
- Ethnic gifts
- Personalized gifts (items that can be personalized, for example for weddings and other events)
- Interest-based gifts (e.g., gifts for pet owners, science enthusiasts, nature lovers, drinkers, smokers, drivers, athletes etc.)
- Gifts for a certain age group, religion, gender etc.
- Various gadgets
- Special greeting and congratulation cards and messages
Gift stores selling a wide range of products (in terms of price and different assortments from year to year) are successful and not only in the months when people usually buy gifts (e.g. December).