Are you going on vacation or road trip and a long journey awaits you? It sounds great. But what will you take with you so that you don’t get hungry and go raid the gas stations for over-priced snacks? Here is a list of healthy holiday snacks that you can get from Denver distributors in your area, easy to carry in your luggage.
- Preferably, fruits that do not need to be peeled and are not very juicy either (peeling and eating an orange in the car can be an adventure…!). Apples, pears, plums, grapes, etc. are very good choices. You should peel them and cut them into slices a few hours before departure, to make them easier to eat. Sprinkle fruit pieces with lemon juice to preserve their color.
- Carrot, celery, parsnips, peppers, cucumbers sticks – all these go so well with olives and tofu, as well as with onion-free guacamole or hummus.
- Boiled chickpeas with salt and spices;
- Mixes or bars of dried fruit and nuts.
How to wrap and pack these homemade snacks for the road trip?
- Zippered bags
- Regular bags (suitable for solid snacks)
- Casseroles with compartments, allowing you to arrange your snacks so that they look as appetizing as possible.